Birthday: A Day Just Like Any Other !
Each year, I am kinda looking forward to it. Each year I expect that the day would be special. And each year its just like any other day.
Right now I can think of a whole lot of people that didn't wish me on my birthday. Amongst them two of my very very good friends. No! actually its just one very good friend. (The other one fell out of contact couple of years back) And suddenly it concerns me that the number of people that didnt wish me far outnumber the people that actually did. Of course I'm talking about people with whom I've talked, interacted and spent some good time together. And not those 5 billion 999 thousand 900-odd people whom I've never ever known !
Its interesting that the mind, devious in this aspect more than any other, concentrates on those who have not wished rather than those who actually have! To be honest, all those who actually wished me really matter to me and I can never do without them. They have supported me, nurtured me, made me what I am today and I owe it all to them.
The whole day was spent in the office working more than 14 hours. :-( The worst that could have happened. You would've thought! Interesting contrast when you consider that last year I spent the whole day at home just relaxing. Expectation is the root cause of dispair! Its a known fact but a bitter pill to swallow. I expected everyone to call me and wish me, pamper me, but nothing of that sort happened. People of course did call me but you always expect more! Its a "teufelskreis" as they say in German!
The day's gone and its the same old routine again. Not that it was any different on the birthday :-)
Right now I can think of a whole lot of people that didn't wish me on my birthday. Amongst them two of my very very good friends. No! actually its just one very good friend. (The other one fell out of contact couple of years back) And suddenly it concerns me that the number of people that didnt wish me far outnumber the people that actually did. Of course I'm talking about people with whom I've talked, interacted and spent some good time together. And not those 5 billion 999 thousand 900-odd people whom I've never ever known !
Its interesting that the mind, devious in this aspect more than any other, concentrates on those who have not wished rather than those who actually have! To be honest, all those who actually wished me really matter to me and I can never do without them. They have supported me, nurtured me, made me what I am today and I owe it all to them.
The whole day was spent in the office working more than 14 hours. :-( The worst that could have happened. You would've thought! Interesting contrast when you consider that last year I spent the whole day at home just relaxing. Expectation is the root cause of dispair! Its a known fact but a bitter pill to swallow. I expected everyone to call me and wish me, pamper me, but nothing of that sort happened. People of course did call me but you always expect more! Its a "teufelskreis" as they say in German!
The day's gone and its the same old routine again. Not that it was any different on the birthday :-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home