Hectic Week!!
Its been a real hectic week. Especially the last 4-5 days. There's an old saying in hindi which goes like this - "Bhagwan jab deta hai toh chappar faadke deta hai". It literally means when you have blessings of god everything goes your way.
It started off with my company wanting me to file for L1. Actually, L1 is the internal company transfer US visa and my project manager asked me to file for that. The one thing unique here is that, along with the application you have to submit a "whitepaper" of some unique work which you will be executing in the US. WOW! Thats something absolutely different. The other thing is its very very tough getting a visa date. Now I know this because another friend of mine has filed for L1 and he got a visa interview date somewhere end of Feb or so. But ofcourse, its long way off and I havent even applied :-).
Because of the "impending" US trip, my focus on MBA kinda got reduced and I started thinking long term. Ofcourse the pressure from home was immense and finally I relented and agreed to look for a house of my own. I saw a lot of different places and understood most of the jargons and I definitely intend to post a detailed account of what one should look out for or what one should be wary of.
Then I got the shock of my life when I saw a mail from the S.P.Jain adcom (admission committee in short) that I have to attend an interview on the 26th of November. I was absolutely ecstatic, overjoyed, overwhelmed. COuld'nt believe my eyes. Normally, they send out interview invitation after results of CAT, but this time, they sent it even before the CAT exam. WOW!
Now it was decision making time. Is it going to be US or is it going to be MBA. Initially I was inclined to go the MBA way and concentrate on converting the S.P.Jain interview call. But I gave it a deep thought and decided I'll go in for a house. The major reason why I decided to go with the house thingy is that currently properly prices are on the uptake and prices rise 1.5 times or double in about 6 months. So If I miss this opportunity then I may not be able to buy a house for this price later on. So I went ahead and booked a house. :-)
And finally, my US clients are here to impart some training to us. And since I've been designated as onsite project co-ordinator, I'm taking a lot of initiative and talking to the clients etc. And in 2 days I've been able to establish a good rapport with them. Hopefully this should continue.
Well, thats whats been happening at my end and hence also (needless to say) the non-availability of time to update the blog. ANyways, best of luck to me in whatever I do. Actually, there are a lot of blog-posts which I've thought of but have never got a chance to publish them. Reason being - lack of time and laziness in typing. But I'll get over it soon. AMEN!!
It started off with my company wanting me to file for L1. Actually, L1 is the internal company transfer US visa and my project manager asked me to file for that. The one thing unique here is that, along with the application you have to submit a "whitepaper" of some unique work which you will be executing in the US. WOW! Thats something absolutely different. The other thing is its very very tough getting a visa date. Now I know this because another friend of mine has filed for L1 and he got a visa interview date somewhere end of Feb or so. But ofcourse, its long way off and I havent even applied :-).
Because of the "impending" US trip, my focus on MBA kinda got reduced and I started thinking long term. Ofcourse the pressure from home was immense and finally I relented and agreed to look for a house of my own. I saw a lot of different places and understood most of the jargons and I definitely intend to post a detailed account of what one should look out for or what one should be wary of.
Then I got the shock of my life when I saw a mail from the S.P.Jain adcom (admission committee in short) that I have to attend an interview on the 26th of November. I was absolutely ecstatic, overjoyed, overwhelmed. COuld'nt believe my eyes. Normally, they send out interview invitation after results of CAT, but this time, they sent it even before the CAT exam. WOW!
Now it was decision making time. Is it going to be US or is it going to be MBA. Initially I was inclined to go the MBA way and concentrate on converting the S.P.Jain interview call. But I gave it a deep thought and decided I'll go in for a house. The major reason why I decided to go with the house thingy is that currently properly prices are on the uptake and prices rise 1.5 times or double in about 6 months. So If I miss this opportunity then I may not be able to buy a house for this price later on. So I went ahead and booked a house. :-)
And finally, my US clients are here to impart some training to us. And since I've been designated as onsite project co-ordinator, I'm taking a lot of initiative and talking to the clients etc. And in 2 days I've been able to establish a good rapport with them. Hopefully this should continue.
Well, thats whats been happening at my end and hence also (needless to say) the non-availability of time to update the blog. ANyways, best of luck to me in whatever I do. Actually, there are a lot of blog-posts which I've thought of but have never got a chance to publish them. Reason being - lack of time and laziness in typing. But I'll get over it soon. AMEN!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home