Monday, Tuesday (28/29-07)
Monday 28th July 2008
The day began with P calling me and talking to me about how she's stuck in traffic and how there's so much of traffic on the road and the rains etc etc. It was a strange day because both of us were very bored. I sent an SMS to her saying I'm so bored and she replied saying she's in the same state of mind.
We exchanged a couple of SMSes and also couple of calls. In the evening when I was ready to leave, I called her up and told her that I'd like to pick her up from work. She agreed to it. She messaged me saying - "Come fast and save me from work". I laughed out loud reading that. :-) That evening, I reached Tardeo from Vashi, in record time. I left at 05:45 or so and reached Tardeo by 06:45.
I reached her office and went upstairs. She was working, she saw me and motioned me to sit down and said that she'll be done in about 10 minutes or so. I waited. She had a quick chat with her boss and then said we can leave. She went to the rest room to freshen up and I was just waiting outside.
She'd just kept her laptop open and unlocked so I decided to just open internet explorer and started to type my blog address. To my pleasant surprise, I found that my blog was listed in the recent history list. I was secretly delighted. She read my blog! (Of course not this one but the other one). I also found that she tried to search for the Wet T-shirt post which D had mentioned about. :-))
When she was back, I told her I used her PC to open my blog and I wanted her to read it. She said we can just leave and she'll talk to me later in detail. That said, we left from her office and decided to go to Bandra for dinner. On the way, she said that she'd read my blog and she told me that I write very well. :-)) I was very happy. We just talked about general stuff and surprisingly found that we reached Bandra in no time. We didnt get traffic anywhere.
She said she wanted to go to someplace which she's never been to in Bandra. So she called up her friend K. He suggested a place and we searched for sometime before we could locate it. We went inside and sat ourselves ordered for some food and started talking. She shared with me something she hasnt shared with anyone else. EVER!! I felt nice. She was having a guily feeling about something. I clarified her thoughts and gave her some suggestions. She seemed satisfied with my explanation. I was very happy.
We then went to a coffee shop where she had a couple of ciggys and some coffee and we were just discussing general stuff about what my friends thought about her and stuff like that. When she said something like how can you like me even though I smoke and blah blah blah. I then went into philosophical overdrive and started to think about what makes a person like another person etc and I started to feel a little bit low. I said I'll tell her about my mindset later.
We decided to leave from the coffee shop as it was getting late. We sat in the car and started to drive back home. Suddenly, P said her bladder's getting ready to burst. I started to drive fast. With each passing moment, her anxiety was becoming greater and greater. We were nearing J.W.Mariott. I suggested to her to empty her bladder at JW. She said she can control. I increased my speed.
I drove like crazy and reached her to her building as fast as possible. She said you saved my life for the second time. I jokingly said - I dont know how long I should keep doing this and she replied - you asked for it. :-)
I reached home and I messaged her saying that I'm overwhelmed by her action of telling me something which she has not shared with anyone else. I told her that it made me feel very special, but at the same time I was a bit disturbed and was thinking that what-if this doesn't work out because I really really like her and dearly wish it to work. What-if she doesn't agree. WHAT-IF?
Tuesday 29th July
I reached office and was just sitting on my desk feeling sullen. I just could not concentrate on work at all. Just completely lost all interest in work. I got her SMS. It was basically a reply to the messages I had sent previous night. She said in her message that she doesnt feel the need to hold back anything from me and I shouldn't too. But at the same time I should take my time and she'll wait.
As soon as I got this message, I called her we just spoke briefly about general stuff and about how I dont have much work etc. Later in the afternoon, I asked her if I can come over and pick her up from work. She agreed. I left a little bit early and was on my way. I got a message from her saying that she's gonna fake sickness and I should call her when I'm down so that she can then come down and meet me. I replied to her saying that I will call her.
I was too eager to reach quickly. So I cut lanes and was driving like crazy. At this signal close to Sion, I saw a "big" car cutting lanes. I tried to follow it. There was a blue bus which didnt see me cutting the lane. It just moved forward and before I could honk, it banged. I was cursing my luck. It was my fault. I just got out, surveyed the damage, ensured that its purely cosmetic and nothing mechanical got back into the car and continued on my way. All the time, I was censuring myself. Why the hurry, WHY??
I reached her office and I called her. She didnt pick up the call. I messaged her saying I'm downstairs and she replied she'll be down soon. 10 or so minutes later, I spotted her. She came-in and sat. As soon as she sat and I was just about to start my car when a traffic policeman came and took away my license. I shrieked "OH F*** What rotten luck!!!". I tried reasoning with the policeman but he did not budge. Finally, I had to pay 100 bucks and then I could get my license back.
Back in the car, I told her about the accident. She said - I dont want you to meet with an accident. If you're coming to pick me up, ensure that you drive properly and correctly. I said I will do so. This time around we encountered much more traffic than we did the previous day. We took atleast 30 minutes more to reach Bandra then the previous day. And most of the time, she was talking on the phone and attending to office matters.
We went to this restaurant in Bandra and sat down. Her dad called and she said she's just left work and is at Haji Ali. She looked at me and said, today she said she's not telling her folks that she's meeting me. And I said, today's the day I told my folks that I am meeting her. :-)) She laughed.
We were just talking general stuff and then she asked me about my sister and everyone at home and whether my folks would like her. I said that everybody would like her. Then she asked about whether my folks are conservative and I said my mom is not at all conservative, she's changed over the years and she would like you very much. Dad is the most conservative and he's particular about following rituals etc. I told her I am completely against rituals, I dont believe in it at all. In fact, I told her that when I visited my friend in Singapore and he showed me his marriage video, I started to think like - "Oh my god, I cant see me going through all this for my marriage".
Then she said, I know I shouldn't be doing this but I can't help it. I'm comparing you with V (her ex). He was the quintessential tambram in his mannerism. Then she was telling me about what happened in the engagement and how V wanted her family to spend for the wedding and he started demanding that the wedding be held in Sheraton, etc, etc. I said that my thoughts about this is that there should be 50-50 share in everything engagement, marriage, reception. I would absolutely NOT like it to be done in the traditional way at all. I would prefer a court marriage with just close family & friends and then a very informal party NOT involving "thrones" and "people queueing up to meet the couple".
Then I said that when my Mom & Dad were "looking" for a match, I told them that I dont want anyone south of Bangalore because I hate the Chennai attitude to the core. Also my dad insisted that I get married in 2005 but I was hell bent on getting my own house before I get married. The logic is simple. I wanted a partner with a modern outlook and my dad and others being traditional, there's bound to be clashes. By having a separate house, I will avoid such clashes. So when you visit the parents' house, you adjust slightly to their way of thinking and when you're back in your own house you can be the way you want.
She then asked me how did you get this thinking and I said I thought of these on my own. That time she got a call from her dad and she said, she's in Bandra and on her way home. We left from the restaurant and started to go to her house. On the way I said - you know what I wanted to tell you. I told her I wanted to tell you that sometimes I feel infinitessimally small in this big world and I get these negative thoughts. She said why do you think you're small, you are 6'2". I laughed out.
I said sometimes I get this inferiority complex and think very low of myself. She said you're position is very envious, you have a house, a car, what more do you need. (I wanted to tell her - a lady but then I stopped short). After a short silence she said - you know what, I'm hoping this works. I said I hope so too. Then I told her - Thanks for everything.
Then we were just talking about how she likes jewelry and spent a fortune for buying these earrings and stuff. Then finally we reached her building and just before she stepped out, she leaned forward and kissed me on my neck. Whoa, no amount of words can describe that feeling.
Gosh!! I really really hope it works out.
The day began with P calling me and talking to me about how she's stuck in traffic and how there's so much of traffic on the road and the rains etc etc. It was a strange day because both of us were very bored. I sent an SMS to her saying I'm so bored and she replied saying she's in the same state of mind.
We exchanged a couple of SMSes and also couple of calls. In the evening when I was ready to leave, I called her up and told her that I'd like to pick her up from work. She agreed to it. She messaged me saying - "Come fast and save me from work". I laughed out loud reading that. :-) That evening, I reached Tardeo from Vashi, in record time. I left at 05:45 or so and reached Tardeo by 06:45.
I reached her office and went upstairs. She was working, she saw me and motioned me to sit down and said that she'll be done in about 10 minutes or so. I waited. She had a quick chat with her boss and then said we can leave. She went to the rest room to freshen up and I was just waiting outside.
She'd just kept her laptop open and unlocked so I decided to just open internet explorer and started to type my blog address. To my pleasant surprise, I found that my blog was listed in the recent history list. I was secretly delighted. She read my blog! (Of course not this one but the other one). I also found that she tried to search for the Wet T-shirt post which D had mentioned about. :-))
When she was back, I told her I used her PC to open my blog and I wanted her to read it. She said we can just leave and she'll talk to me later in detail. That said, we left from her office and decided to go to Bandra for dinner. On the way, she said that she'd read my blog and she told me that I write very well. :-)) I was very happy. We just talked about general stuff and surprisingly found that we reached Bandra in no time. We didnt get traffic anywhere.
She said she wanted to go to someplace which she's never been to in Bandra. So she called up her friend K. He suggested a place and we searched for sometime before we could locate it. We went inside and sat ourselves ordered for some food and started talking. She shared with me something she hasnt shared with anyone else. EVER!! I felt nice. She was having a guily feeling about something. I clarified her thoughts and gave her some suggestions. She seemed satisfied with my explanation. I was very happy.
We then went to a coffee shop where she had a couple of ciggys and some coffee and we were just discussing general stuff about what my friends thought about her and stuff like that. When she said something like how can you like me even though I smoke and blah blah blah. I then went into philosophical overdrive and started to think about what makes a person like another person etc and I started to feel a little bit low. I said I'll tell her about my mindset later.
We decided to leave from the coffee shop as it was getting late. We sat in the car and started to drive back home. Suddenly, P said her bladder's getting ready to burst. I started to drive fast. With each passing moment, her anxiety was becoming greater and greater. We were nearing J.W.Mariott. I suggested to her to empty her bladder at JW. She said she can control. I increased my speed.
I drove like crazy and reached her to her building as fast as possible. She said you saved my life for the second time. I jokingly said - I dont know how long I should keep doing this and she replied - you asked for it. :-)
I reached home and I messaged her saying that I'm overwhelmed by her action of telling me something which she has not shared with anyone else. I told her that it made me feel very special, but at the same time I was a bit disturbed and was thinking that what-if this doesn't work out because I really really like her and dearly wish it to work. What-if she doesn't agree. WHAT-IF?
Tuesday 29th July
I reached office and was just sitting on my desk feeling sullen. I just could not concentrate on work at all. Just completely lost all interest in work. I got her SMS. It was basically a reply to the messages I had sent previous night. She said in her message that she doesnt feel the need to hold back anything from me and I shouldn't too. But at the same time I should take my time and she'll wait.
As soon as I got this message, I called her we just spoke briefly about general stuff and about how I dont have much work etc. Later in the afternoon, I asked her if I can come over and pick her up from work. She agreed. I left a little bit early and was on my way. I got a message from her saying that she's gonna fake sickness and I should call her when I'm down so that she can then come down and meet me. I replied to her saying that I will call her.
I was too eager to reach quickly. So I cut lanes and was driving like crazy. At this signal close to Sion, I saw a "big" car cutting lanes. I tried to follow it. There was a blue bus which didnt see me cutting the lane. It just moved forward and before I could honk, it banged. I was cursing my luck. It was my fault. I just got out, surveyed the damage, ensured that its purely cosmetic and nothing mechanical got back into the car and continued on my way. All the time, I was censuring myself. Why the hurry, WHY??
I reached her office and I called her. She didnt pick up the call. I messaged her saying I'm downstairs and she replied she'll be down soon. 10 or so minutes later, I spotted her. She came-in and sat. As soon as she sat and I was just about to start my car when a traffic policeman came and took away my license. I shrieked "OH F*** What rotten luck!!!". I tried reasoning with the policeman but he did not budge. Finally, I had to pay 100 bucks and then I could get my license back.
Back in the car, I told her about the accident. She said - I dont want you to meet with an accident. If you're coming to pick me up, ensure that you drive properly and correctly. I said I will do so. This time around we encountered much more traffic than we did the previous day. We took atleast 30 minutes more to reach Bandra then the previous day. And most of the time, she was talking on the phone and attending to office matters.
We went to this restaurant in Bandra and sat down. Her dad called and she said she's just left work and is at Haji Ali. She looked at me and said, today she said she's not telling her folks that she's meeting me. And I said, today's the day I told my folks that I am meeting her. :-)) She laughed.
We were just talking general stuff and then she asked me about my sister and everyone at home and whether my folks would like her. I said that everybody would like her. Then she asked about whether my folks are conservative and I said my mom is not at all conservative, she's changed over the years and she would like you very much. Dad is the most conservative and he's particular about following rituals etc. I told her I am completely against rituals, I dont believe in it at all. In fact, I told her that when I visited my friend in Singapore and he showed me his marriage video, I started to think like - "Oh my god, I cant see me going through all this for my marriage".
Then she said, I know I shouldn't be doing this but I can't help it. I'm comparing you with V (her ex). He was the quintessential tambram in his mannerism. Then she was telling me about what happened in the engagement and how V wanted her family to spend for the wedding and he started demanding that the wedding be held in Sheraton, etc, etc. I said that my thoughts about this is that there should be 50-50 share in everything engagement, marriage, reception. I would absolutely NOT like it to be done in the traditional way at all. I would prefer a court marriage with just close family & friends and then a very informal party NOT involving "thrones" and "people queueing up to meet the couple".
Then I said that when my Mom & Dad were "looking" for a match, I told them that I dont want anyone south of Bangalore because I hate the Chennai attitude to the core. Also my dad insisted that I get married in 2005 but I was hell bent on getting my own house before I get married. The logic is simple. I wanted a partner with a modern outlook and my dad and others being traditional, there's bound to be clashes. By having a separate house, I will avoid such clashes. So when you visit the parents' house, you adjust slightly to their way of thinking and when you're back in your own house you can be the way you want.
She then asked me how did you get this thinking and I said I thought of these on my own. That time she got a call from her dad and she said, she's in Bandra and on her way home. We left from the restaurant and started to go to her house. On the way I said - you know what I wanted to tell you. I told her I wanted to tell you that sometimes I feel infinitessimally small in this big world and I get these negative thoughts. She said why do you think you're small, you are 6'2". I laughed out.
I said sometimes I get this inferiority complex and think very low of myself. She said you're position is very envious, you have a house, a car, what more do you need. (I wanted to tell her - a lady but then I stopped short). After a short silence she said - you know what, I'm hoping this works. I said I hope so too. Then I told her - Thanks for everything.
Then we were just talking about how she likes jewelry and spent a fortune for buying these earrings and stuff. Then finally we reached her building and just before she stepped out, she leaned forward and kissed me on my neck. Whoa, no amount of words can describe that feeling.
Gosh!! I really really hope it works out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home