What a Sunday ! ! !
After the high of Friday evening and Saturday, Sunday was a little bit mellow. I did not meet P at all. But, I kept thinking about her almost the whole day.
Then in the afternoon during lunch a huge hoopla happened at home. Dad started it off, by asking me how is it going with P. I said its going fine. He said so whats the conclusion and I said that she would need more time to be absolutely sure for herself that she's not making a mistake.
Then Dad started saying, she cannot take infinite time, you tell me how much time more. I said every individual takes his/her own time to recover from such a debacle. For some, the time taken is short, for others, its longer. I cannot sign a declaration saying in 7 months 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, some logical conclusion will be arrived at.
He started to say, at the same time, she cannot take 3-4-5 or 10 years. Then mom started to say remember what your sister R said in uncle's house that you can know a person in 1 meeting and you can NOT know a person even after 10 years of marriage. I said thats precisely what I am trying to avoid. I also told mom and dad that I am going with zero expectation
My effort in the whole endeavour is to understand her and say with a reasonable amount of confidence that yes I am willing to spend the rest of my life in her company. And in the end if we mutually decide that being together is not the correct decision in both of our interests' then so be it.
Then mom asked me, if thats the case why did you introduce P to your friends. I said I introduced her purely as a friend. Then she asked me, so if it doesnt work out then what are you going to do. I said life doesnt stop, it goes on and you should find someone else for me. So then mom asks me if thats the case then how are you going to explain P to the other girl who we might recommend as your partner if P's case does not work out. I said I'll tell that girl the truth. Mom said that cannot happen.
I said why can it NOT happen. Why can't P and I be just friends? Whats the problem in that.
So then dad asked me so what do her parents have to say in this whole thing. I said, her parents are willing to give her time. (Actually, there's pressure from her folks too but I didnt tell that to mom and dad). So then dad started his emotional blackmail bullshit saying as parents we have to see that you're settled so thats why we're saying this, etc. So I said to dad - you said you'll not force but then all this is just forcing me.
So he said where did I say that I'll not force you, I only said I cannot force her. So said yes so in that case let her take time, have patience and things will work out. So dad said, earlier when you never said such a positive thing. Had you said this, we would not have had this argument at all. So I said, eventhough I'm saying it will work out, there's always a possibility that it might not so we, rather I have to be prepared for any eventuality.
Then finally dad asked me why are you prepared to wait whats your rationale behind it. I said I like her and hence I am prepared to wait for her answer. I didnt want to spell it out explicitly but dad sort of pried it out of me. Then I said that without me telling you guys, you should NOT, on yourself call up her family and talk about anything. I will tell you when the time is right and then you can talk to P's family.
My altercation with mom and dad ended at that.
Later in the day, I was updating the blog about the weekend escapades and P messaged saying that she's going to pick up her uncle from the airport and then go to a cousin's birthday party. A good amount of SMS bonding happened. :-) I'm getting the feeling that she might be falling for me.
Later in the evening, I saw a missed call from her. I called her back, she told me that she was having a good time dancing around with the kids and playing all sorts of kiddo games. I said lot of hoopla happened at home about the two of us seeing each other. I told her that my mom and dad were talking about taking it to the next logical level. But I told P that I told mom and dad that its possible only when she (P) agrees.
Then said that she also had a tough time talking to her mom and dad and they were also kinda forcing her for the same thing. She also said that she had a fight with her sister about seeing me and now they havent talked since Saturday night.
Then, I told her that I was planning to call her but I dropped the idea because I didnt want to disturb her when she's having a good time at the party. She said that she was thinking about the same thing about whether to vent to me or not.
Then we decided to meet up and then talk about it in detail.
I got back to watching the movie "Race" and thats the time I got her message saying she's on her way back home and that she's stuffed with food. She said she's missing me and missing my jacket. I was flattered and was blushing. I was over the moon.
I told her that she can have the jacket and I'll give it to her when we meet next. She said that she'll leave the jacket in my car itself because she's gonna travel in my car more than in her car. :-) I was thinking...wow...whats happening to her. Just yesterday she was a little hesitant but she's turned around now. I was literally jumping for joy!!
I hope this "change of mind" continues.
Then in the afternoon during lunch a huge hoopla happened at home. Dad started it off, by asking me how is it going with P. I said its going fine. He said so whats the conclusion and I said that she would need more time to be absolutely sure for herself that she's not making a mistake.
Then Dad started saying, she cannot take infinite time, you tell me how much time more. I said every individual takes his/her own time to recover from such a debacle. For some, the time taken is short, for others, its longer. I cannot sign a declaration saying in 7 months 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, some logical conclusion will be arrived at.
He started to say, at the same time, she cannot take 3-4-5 or 10 years. Then mom started to say remember what your sister R said in uncle's house that you can know a person in 1 meeting and you can NOT know a person even after 10 years of marriage. I said thats precisely what I am trying to avoid. I also told mom and dad that I am going with zero expectation
My effort in the whole endeavour is to understand her and say with a reasonable amount of confidence that yes I am willing to spend the rest of my life in her company. And in the end if we mutually decide that being together is not the correct decision in both of our interests' then so be it.
Then mom asked me, if thats the case why did you introduce P to your friends. I said I introduced her purely as a friend. Then she asked me, so if it doesnt work out then what are you going to do. I said life doesnt stop, it goes on and you should find someone else for me. So then mom asks me if thats the case then how are you going to explain P to the other girl who we might recommend as your partner if P's case does not work out. I said I'll tell that girl the truth. Mom said that cannot happen.
I said why can it NOT happen. Why can't P and I be just friends? Whats the problem in that.
So then dad asked me so what do her parents have to say in this whole thing. I said, her parents are willing to give her time. (Actually, there's pressure from her folks too but I didnt tell that to mom and dad). So then dad started his emotional blackmail bullshit saying as parents we have to see that you're settled so thats why we're saying this, etc. So I said to dad - you said you'll not force but then all this is just forcing me.
So he said where did I say that I'll not force you, I only said I cannot force her. So said yes so in that case let her take time, have patience and things will work out. So dad said, earlier when you never said such a positive thing. Had you said this, we would not have had this argument at all. So I said, eventhough I'm saying it will work out, there's always a possibility that it might not so we, rather I have to be prepared for any eventuality.
Then finally dad asked me why are you prepared to wait whats your rationale behind it. I said I like her and hence I am prepared to wait for her answer. I didnt want to spell it out explicitly but dad sort of pried it out of me. Then I said that without me telling you guys, you should NOT, on yourself call up her family and talk about anything. I will tell you when the time is right and then you can talk to P's family.
My altercation with mom and dad ended at that.
Later in the day, I was updating the blog about the weekend escapades and P messaged saying that she's going to pick up her uncle from the airport and then go to a cousin's birthday party. A good amount of SMS bonding happened. :-) I'm getting the feeling that she might be falling for me.
Later in the evening, I saw a missed call from her. I called her back, she told me that she was having a good time dancing around with the kids and playing all sorts of kiddo games. I said lot of hoopla happened at home about the two of us seeing each other. I told her that my mom and dad were talking about taking it to the next logical level. But I told P that I told mom and dad that its possible only when she (P) agrees.
Then said that she also had a tough time talking to her mom and dad and they were also kinda forcing her for the same thing. She also said that she had a fight with her sister about seeing me and now they havent talked since Saturday night.
Then, I told her that I was planning to call her but I dropped the idea because I didnt want to disturb her when she's having a good time at the party. She said that she was thinking about the same thing about whether to vent to me or not.
Then we decided to meet up and then talk about it in detail.
I got back to watching the movie "Race" and thats the time I got her message saying she's on her way back home and that she's stuffed with food. She said she's missing me and missing my jacket. I was flattered and was blushing. I was over the moon.
I told her that she can have the jacket and I'll give it to her when we meet next. She said that she'll leave the jacket in my car itself because she's gonna travel in my car more than in her car. :-) I was thinking...wow...whats happening to her. Just yesterday she was a little hesitant but she's turned around now. I was literally jumping for joy!!
I hope this "change of mind" continues.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home