Weekend Mania
Friday 25th July 2008
I was planning to meet my other friend D. D had bought a gift for me on my birthday and somehow or the other we could not meet each other at all before Friday. So when D called me that day in the morning, I agreed immediately. That day I tried to call her (not D) up in the evening but she wasnt picking up the phone. I tried 3-4 times and she cut the call. Then eventually I got an SMS saying she's in a meeting and I should message her. I asked her if she would like to meet up and go for dinner. She agreed to it. I also told her about D and she said she's fine with it. She also told me that she has some tickets for "Money Hai Toh Honey Hai" movie for the Saturday 05:30 show and that I could come if I wanted to. I said I'll let her know.
Anyways, I met up with D first and then went to her (not D) office to pick her up. It was the first time she was meeting any friend of mine. I had told her earlier that we should tell D that we're family friends. So when D asked at the dinner table, she (not D) said the same thing. There was good bonding between her and D and D "revealed" some "interesting" details of my German Class life. :-) She was quite amused about the whole thing. The AC was in full force, so much so that even I was feeling cold. P and D both were wearing short sleeves and they were feeling cold too. I said I should keep a jacket in the car for such situations. P agreed totally. I made a mental note to take my jacket and keep it in the car before meet her tomorrow.
At the end of the rezendevous we went off to drop D and after that I got my "alone time" with her. I told her about D and how some of the things that I've "predicted" about D have come true and how D's sister is a tarot reader, etc. I asked her if she wanted to do something now, she said she just wanted to get some coffee. We then went to get some coffee and some chit-chat. She said she wanted to have a smoke and I got her a ciggy. I sat back in the car and was about to take a "U" turn when suddenly out of no where this rickshaw guy came in full speed and brushed the front right of the car and then hit the divider and got bumped to the opposite side of the divider. It so ironical for that to have happened that day because she was saying that apparently her driver also scratched her car and she was livid with him and wanted to fire him.
By god's grace, thankfully, the rickshaw didnt get toppled. I jumped out of the car, immediately begged apology and asked if the rickshaw driver and the passenger were okay. They were shaken but fine. I thanked my stars and we then went to Barista ordered for some coffee and just sat there. There she then told me that she was absolutely fascinated by D "revealing" some "finer" aspects of my life and she said to me that I should give her some more gossip about my life.
I was very shy and embarrassed and with some great difficulty I told her about my fling in school. My one-sided affair in college, my crushes on my CDAC and German classmates and my US affair. I told her about my first kiss and about my new year party date with the CDAC classmate. I was very nervous, hesitant and shy the whole time, but it was a good ice-breaker. I think now I can probably discuss more freely with her about some of my very personal stuff.
I dropped her off and then I decided that I had to go for a long drive. It had been ages since I had embarked upon one so impromptu, I decided to go to Marine Drive and sit there for a while and just contemplate life, enjoy the breeze and let the sound of the waves sink in to my body through the ears. It was a wonderful feeling, very rejuvenating. Then suddenly, I saw her message. It was sent about 20 or so minutes back. She said she was sorry to have embarrassed me by asking questions about my personal life. I replied to her saying that I was it a bit embarrassed because almost all of what I had told her wasnt even known to the best of my friends, but if I didnt want to share it with her, I would not have. I also said that it would have been nice to have her with me at Marine Drive.
Saturday 26th July 2008
After my "off-the-beaten-track" excursion on Friday night, I had come back at about 03:00 AM or so and was so tired that I slept off almost immediately and woke up only at 12:30 in the afternoon. Mom and brother left for some of their work and I was just idling away my time. I picked up the phone and saw her message. It read - "I would have loved to come to Marine Drive with you but I didnt want to keep mom up. About the Kiss and everything, I thought it was really sweet that we had that conversation, it made me feel special..Strange but true". I was absolutely over the top when I read this message of hers. It was a great feeling.
Then I called up my friends Mallu and Bhaiyya and asked them about their plans for the evening. Asked them if they're okay to meet up in the evening. I told them I'll get her also along. Mallu said he'll get his girlfriend also. I was excited. I called her up and asked her about the movie plans and also told her about meeting my friends. She said we can meet up by 05:30 or so and then go for the movie and then after the movie meet my friends. I remembered to take the jacket and I kept it in the car.
I met her and we settled in for the movie. Her dad came along as well. The movie started and it was a very very lousy movie. She asked me if we should leave halfway I said lets wait and take a call during the intermission. Just before the intermission, I got a call from Bhaiyya and I told him I'll call him during the break. The long awaited break came and she mooted the idea of leaving halfway. I agreed to it and I said I'll find out from my friends. I told Bhaiyya about my plans and he said talk to Mallu because he's gonna watch a movie at night with his girlfriend so if we have to meet, it has to be earlier.
I called up Mallu and told him that we'll meet up at Malad, and that she and I are planning to leave the movie halfway and come over. I bade goodbye to her dad and we left. He didnt come with us because he insisted on watching the movie completely. We came down the elevator and she was upset for some reason. I think it was because of leaving her dad alone. We sat in the car and I told her that I got her a jacket and she can use it if she wants to. She was surprised that I had remembered it and said it was sweet of me to get it. I thought to myself...So thoughtful of me. :-)
She asked me if she should tell my friends that we know each other as family friends. I said that my friends know the real story. So she asked me why did we say D that we're family friends. I said to her that I have told about herself and myself only to a very select group of my friends. Mallu and Bhaiyya are amongst that select group. We reached Malad and waited at a coffee shop. (Its been tooooo much coffee ever since I started meeting her regularly) Mallu came along with his girlfriend and we started chit-chatting. Bhaiyya came in due course, snuck up on us and I introduced her to them. We all ordered for our drinks and just started talking. It was a real good time.
We dispersed around 09:30 or so and she and I decided to got for dinner. We were just driving out when Mallu called and said that he liked her and also that Mallu's girlfriend liked my new hairstyle and look. He said, S (Mallu's girlfriend) found me smart and sexy. I told her what Uday told me :-). Her mom called and she said that she's going out for dinner with me. Then her mom asked her whats going on and she told her that they can have the conversation later.
She became a tad quiet after her mom's call. I asked her whats the matter and she said what her mom told. Then out of the blue she asked me - how do you know. I said I dont understand what you're talking about. She said about us, how do you know whether we are good for each other or not. I said you have to trust your gut instinct. She said she cant go by her instinct because she trusted it twice and both times it didnt work out for her. I said that because of what has happened she's lost faith in her instinct. Thats precisely the reason why she should give time to get her faith back in her instinct and then arrive at a decision. She said she'll go with my instinct. I said no it should not be the case, because she has to realize herself whether the decision that she's making is good for her or not. She herself has to be convinced about the way forward first.
I told her I am willing to wait for her, willing to give her time to come to her conclusion. And this conclusion she has to come to, on her own and without getting influenced or forced by anyone else's opinion. She asked me why I am ready to give her time. I was stumped. This was a great question by her. I had no choice but to say it out. I said that I dont want to say it but to answer this question, I have to. I said I'm willing to give you time because I believe I have found "the one". I also said that please dont think that by me saying this you, you should not get influenced or forced by my decision.
I told her that the persona that I was looking out for in a partner, it matches her persona. The less age difference, the modern approach, everything, which is why I am prepared to wait. Then she asked me another great question. She asked me do you believe that you can sustain this level of intensity of meeting up, spending time together, meeting friends, over the next 3-4 months. I said my gut feeling as of now is that I will continue but it definitely remains to be seen. Which is also one reason why we should give time to each other. Then I said another test for me would be to take me shopping and that too not once but 4-5 times. If I can pass the shopping test, I can be considered through! She laughed at the idea. :-))
I got my first hint of she liking me when she said I wish we had met up under different circumstances. So I asked her if I could ask her something. She said yes. I said you can choose not to answer if you dont want to. She said fine. I asked her may I know what different circumstances are you talking about. She said if her engagement had not been broken off and if she had met me before the whole "imbroglio" then things might have been different. I was elated from within. :-)
I got the feeling that the whole conversation made her relax a lot. Then she started to talk about some things that she would like to do like learning spanish, learning to play the guitar and learning to swim and then the conversation turned to the bad traffic we were stuck in and a whole lot of stuff. She said she wanted to get a couple of ciggy's and we hunted for a pan-beedi shop until we found one quite far away. I got a couple for her. When I came back, I saw her cutely snuggled up in the jacket which I had got.
So finally, we went and sat in this restaurant. She got a couple of messages from her sister and calls from dad and mom and she was a bit frustrated with everything. We were seated and she asked me about my parents. I said my dad is very orthodox but mom's pretty cool. She started off being orthodox but over the years my sister and I have changed her thought process. I told her that I was very clear right from the beginning to have a house of my own before I get married. I told her that I have this thought because my family is very orthodox and I prefer to have a very liberal thinking girl. So when all of us stay in the same house, there's bound to be some tensions, ego clashes etc. I would like to avoid that right from the beginning and hence the thought of buying a separate house.
She said someday she will tell me what really happened between her ex and herself and maybe I can judge who is at fault. I told her I dont need to know.
She had given her phone to me and she'd kept it on silent and when it buzzed, I gave it to her. She didnt pick up. It buzzed a couple of times more but she didnt pick up at all. Then she got a message. She replied to it and she said that her sister's gonna hate me to the core. Not only that, she (her sister) is gonna hate her too for seeing me. I asked her what happened. She said her sister just messaged saying - what the f*** why arent you picking my calls. Dont you dare NOT pick up my calls. I said her sister hating me is justifiable but her sister hating her is not correct.
She said the hatred stems from her failed relationships and the fact that her sister is overprotective of her. I said I would like to have her sister on my side before things work out. She said you have the whole family on your side so why bother with her sister. I said still I would like to have her sister for this whole thing. She said her sister will come around once she (her sister) knows that she is happy with me. She said her sister thinks she is on a rebound i.e. going around with me just to fill the gap of a man in her life. She also said that her sister thinks that failed relationships are her fault.
I said how can her sister think that way about you. The world is not build to be perfect. There are imperfections always. There's something called the chaos theory which says that chaos is the perfect order. Any system in perfect order always has a very high inherent instability which eventually results in the system becoming disorderly. So if there's no such thing as a perfect life.
Then she said that when she decided to meet me, she was very scared. Her broken engagement had happened just 15-20 days back and she'd decided not to see anyone for about 6 months or so. And then when my thing came along she was unsure. She spoke to her best friend A who made her understand that there's no harm in a meeting. I joked that I would dearly like to meet A and thank her. Her favourite mama, her mentor everyone coaxed her to meet me. Her sister was against it, but she said her sister's just behaving immature and that she (her sister) will come around and that I just need to be patient.
And finally, the bill came and I got my credit card out and she offered to go dutch, I said its okay. Then she said she used to date someone whose name started with "V", who was this handsome hunk, a wannabe model, but he didnt have a fixed income of his own. So everytime they went out together, she paid. And it so happened that he actually lived off her. I thought to myself how cheap is that!! She said a girl always feels good to see a guy bearing the cost of the bill whenever they are are out together. I said I always pay the bill whenever I go out with friends. Its not only with her but with whenever I'm with anyone else too, I always pay.
This was the first time she mentioned this handsome V. So now its handsome V that she's dated, the V that she was engaged to and which got broken and now me...Vivek. Her tryst with V continues...But I'm sure this time around the bad run of V's will be broken.
Amen!!!
I was planning to meet my other friend D. D had bought a gift for me on my birthday and somehow or the other we could not meet each other at all before Friday. So when D called me that day in the morning, I agreed immediately. That day I tried to call her (not D) up in the evening but she wasnt picking up the phone. I tried 3-4 times and she cut the call. Then eventually I got an SMS saying she's in a meeting and I should message her. I asked her if she would like to meet up and go for dinner. She agreed to it. I also told her about D and she said she's fine with it. She also told me that she has some tickets for "Money Hai Toh Honey Hai" movie for the Saturday 05:30 show and that I could come if I wanted to. I said I'll let her know.
Anyways, I met up with D first and then went to her (not D) office to pick her up. It was the first time she was meeting any friend of mine. I had told her earlier that we should tell D that we're family friends. So when D asked at the dinner table, she (not D) said the same thing. There was good bonding between her and D and D "revealed" some "interesting" details of my German Class life. :-) She was quite amused about the whole thing. The AC was in full force, so much so that even I was feeling cold. P and D both were wearing short sleeves and they were feeling cold too. I said I should keep a jacket in the car for such situations. P agreed totally. I made a mental note to take my jacket and keep it in the car before meet her tomorrow.
At the end of the rezendevous we went off to drop D and after that I got my "alone time" with her. I told her about D and how some of the things that I've "predicted" about D have come true and how D's sister is a tarot reader, etc. I asked her if she wanted to do something now, she said she just wanted to get some coffee. We then went to get some coffee and some chit-chat. She said she wanted to have a smoke and I got her a ciggy. I sat back in the car and was about to take a "U" turn when suddenly out of no where this rickshaw guy came in full speed and brushed the front right of the car and then hit the divider and got bumped to the opposite side of the divider. It so ironical for that to have happened that day because she was saying that apparently her driver also scratched her car and she was livid with him and wanted to fire him.
By god's grace, thankfully, the rickshaw didnt get toppled. I jumped out of the car, immediately begged apology and asked if the rickshaw driver and the passenger were okay. They were shaken but fine. I thanked my stars and we then went to Barista ordered for some coffee and just sat there. There she then told me that she was absolutely fascinated by D "revealing" some "finer" aspects of my life and she said to me that I should give her some more gossip about my life.
I was very shy and embarrassed and with some great difficulty I told her about my fling in school. My one-sided affair in college, my crushes on my CDAC and German classmates and my US affair. I told her about my first kiss and about my new year party date with the CDAC classmate. I was very nervous, hesitant and shy the whole time, but it was a good ice-breaker. I think now I can probably discuss more freely with her about some of my very personal stuff.
I dropped her off and then I decided that I had to go for a long drive. It had been ages since I had embarked upon one so impromptu, I decided to go to Marine Drive and sit there for a while and just contemplate life, enjoy the breeze and let the sound of the waves sink in to my body through the ears. It was a wonderful feeling, very rejuvenating. Then suddenly, I saw her message. It was sent about 20 or so minutes back. She said she was sorry to have embarrassed me by asking questions about my personal life. I replied to her saying that I was it a bit embarrassed because almost all of what I had told her wasnt even known to the best of my friends, but if I didnt want to share it with her, I would not have. I also said that it would have been nice to have her with me at Marine Drive.
Saturday 26th July 2008
After my "off-the-beaten-track" excursion on Friday night, I had come back at about 03:00 AM or so and was so tired that I slept off almost immediately and woke up only at 12:30 in the afternoon. Mom and brother left for some of their work and I was just idling away my time. I picked up the phone and saw her message. It read - "I would have loved to come to Marine Drive with you but I didnt want to keep mom up. About the Kiss and everything, I thought it was really sweet that we had that conversation, it made me feel special..Strange but true". I was absolutely over the top when I read this message of hers. It was a great feeling.
Then I called up my friends Mallu and Bhaiyya and asked them about their plans for the evening. Asked them if they're okay to meet up in the evening. I told them I'll get her also along. Mallu said he'll get his girlfriend also. I was excited. I called her up and asked her about the movie plans and also told her about meeting my friends. She said we can meet up by 05:30 or so and then go for the movie and then after the movie meet my friends. I remembered to take the jacket and I kept it in the car.
I met her and we settled in for the movie. Her dad came along as well. The movie started and it was a very very lousy movie. She asked me if we should leave halfway I said lets wait and take a call during the intermission. Just before the intermission, I got a call from Bhaiyya and I told him I'll call him during the break. The long awaited break came and she mooted the idea of leaving halfway. I agreed to it and I said I'll find out from my friends. I told Bhaiyya about my plans and he said talk to Mallu because he's gonna watch a movie at night with his girlfriend so if we have to meet, it has to be earlier.
I called up Mallu and told him that we'll meet up at Malad, and that she and I are planning to leave the movie halfway and come over. I bade goodbye to her dad and we left. He didnt come with us because he insisted on watching the movie completely. We came down the elevator and she was upset for some reason. I think it was because of leaving her dad alone. We sat in the car and I told her that I got her a jacket and she can use it if she wants to. She was surprised that I had remembered it and said it was sweet of me to get it. I thought to myself...So thoughtful of me. :-)
She asked me if she should tell my friends that we know each other as family friends. I said that my friends know the real story. So she asked me why did we say D that we're family friends. I said to her that I have told about herself and myself only to a very select group of my friends. Mallu and Bhaiyya are amongst that select group. We reached Malad and waited at a coffee shop. (Its been tooooo much coffee ever since I started meeting her regularly) Mallu came along with his girlfriend and we started chit-chatting. Bhaiyya came in due course, snuck up on us and I introduced her to them. We all ordered for our drinks and just started talking. It was a real good time.
We dispersed around 09:30 or so and she and I decided to got for dinner. We were just driving out when Mallu called and said that he liked her and also that Mallu's girlfriend liked my new hairstyle and look. He said, S (Mallu's girlfriend) found me smart and sexy. I told her what Uday told me :-). Her mom called and she said that she's going out for dinner with me. Then her mom asked her whats going on and she told her that they can have the conversation later.
She became a tad quiet after her mom's call. I asked her whats the matter and she said what her mom told. Then out of the blue she asked me - how do you know. I said I dont understand what you're talking about. She said about us, how do you know whether we are good for each other or not. I said you have to trust your gut instinct. She said she cant go by her instinct because she trusted it twice and both times it didnt work out for her. I said that because of what has happened she's lost faith in her instinct. Thats precisely the reason why she should give time to get her faith back in her instinct and then arrive at a decision. She said she'll go with my instinct. I said no it should not be the case, because she has to realize herself whether the decision that she's making is good for her or not. She herself has to be convinced about the way forward first.
I told her I am willing to wait for her, willing to give her time to come to her conclusion. And this conclusion she has to come to, on her own and without getting influenced or forced by anyone else's opinion. She asked me why I am ready to give her time. I was stumped. This was a great question by her. I had no choice but to say it out. I said that I dont want to say it but to answer this question, I have to. I said I'm willing to give you time because I believe I have found "the one". I also said that please dont think that by me saying this you, you should not get influenced or forced by my decision.
I told her that the persona that I was looking out for in a partner, it matches her persona. The less age difference, the modern approach, everything, which is why I am prepared to wait. Then she asked me another great question. She asked me do you believe that you can sustain this level of intensity of meeting up, spending time together, meeting friends, over the next 3-4 months. I said my gut feeling as of now is that I will continue but it definitely remains to be seen. Which is also one reason why we should give time to each other. Then I said another test for me would be to take me shopping and that too not once but 4-5 times. If I can pass the shopping test, I can be considered through! She laughed at the idea. :-))
I got my first hint of she liking me when she said I wish we had met up under different circumstances. So I asked her if I could ask her something. She said yes. I said you can choose not to answer if you dont want to. She said fine. I asked her may I know what different circumstances are you talking about. She said if her engagement had not been broken off and if she had met me before the whole "imbroglio" then things might have been different. I was elated from within. :-)
I got the feeling that the whole conversation made her relax a lot. Then she started to talk about some things that she would like to do like learning spanish, learning to play the guitar and learning to swim and then the conversation turned to the bad traffic we were stuck in and a whole lot of stuff. She said she wanted to get a couple of ciggy's and we hunted for a pan-beedi shop until we found one quite far away. I got a couple for her. When I came back, I saw her cutely snuggled up in the jacket which I had got.
So finally, we went and sat in this restaurant. She got a couple of messages from her sister and calls from dad and mom and she was a bit frustrated with everything. We were seated and she asked me about my parents. I said my dad is very orthodox but mom's pretty cool. She started off being orthodox but over the years my sister and I have changed her thought process. I told her that I was very clear right from the beginning to have a house of my own before I get married. I told her that I have this thought because my family is very orthodox and I prefer to have a very liberal thinking girl. So when all of us stay in the same house, there's bound to be some tensions, ego clashes etc. I would like to avoid that right from the beginning and hence the thought of buying a separate house.
She said someday she will tell me what really happened between her ex and herself and maybe I can judge who is at fault. I told her I dont need to know.
She had given her phone to me and she'd kept it on silent and when it buzzed, I gave it to her. She didnt pick up. It buzzed a couple of times more but she didnt pick up at all. Then she got a message. She replied to it and she said that her sister's gonna hate me to the core. Not only that, she (her sister) is gonna hate her too for seeing me. I asked her what happened. She said her sister just messaged saying - what the f*** why arent you picking my calls. Dont you dare NOT pick up my calls. I said her sister hating me is justifiable but her sister hating her is not correct.
She said the hatred stems from her failed relationships and the fact that her sister is overprotective of her. I said I would like to have her sister on my side before things work out. She said you have the whole family on your side so why bother with her sister. I said still I would like to have her sister for this whole thing. She said her sister will come around once she (her sister) knows that she is happy with me. She said her sister thinks she is on a rebound i.e. going around with me just to fill the gap of a man in her life. She also said that her sister thinks that failed relationships are her fault.
I said how can her sister think that way about you. The world is not build to be perfect. There are imperfections always. There's something called the chaos theory which says that chaos is the perfect order. Any system in perfect order always has a very high inherent instability which eventually results in the system becoming disorderly. So if there's no such thing as a perfect life.
Then she said that when she decided to meet me, she was very scared. Her broken engagement had happened just 15-20 days back and she'd decided not to see anyone for about 6 months or so. And then when my thing came along she was unsure. She spoke to her best friend A who made her understand that there's no harm in a meeting. I joked that I would dearly like to meet A and thank her. Her favourite mama, her mentor everyone coaxed her to meet me. Her sister was against it, but she said her sister's just behaving immature and that she (her sister) will come around and that I just need to be patient.
And finally, the bill came and I got my credit card out and she offered to go dutch, I said its okay. Then she said she used to date someone whose name started with "V", who was this handsome hunk, a wannabe model, but he didnt have a fixed income of his own. So everytime they went out together, she paid. And it so happened that he actually lived off her. I thought to myself how cheap is that!! She said a girl always feels good to see a guy bearing the cost of the bill whenever they are are out together. I said I always pay the bill whenever I go out with friends. Its not only with her but with whenever I'm with anyone else too, I always pay.
This was the first time she mentioned this handsome V. So now its handsome V that she's dated, the V that she was engaged to and which got broken and now me...Vivek. Her tryst with V continues...But I'm sure this time around the bad run of V's will be broken.
Amen!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home