Friday, February 02, 2007

To Heaven and Back !

Yes thats the perfect way to describe my trip home. It was very short, very sweet, very busy, very hectic and also very cheezy that I cant even imagine! Between all of that, there was my sister's marriage and my visit to see my frailing, ailing granny. It was so taxing to the mind - the whole of two weeks!

Whatever I had thought I should get done during my trip, was done. Except for a few stuff related to office work. I knew I had very very little time so I indulged in all possible food endeavours. And mostly everything LOADED with cheese.

Here's a list of it -

1. Started off with Mom's awesome Sambar-Rice-with-Ghee-papad-and-Okra(Lady's Finger). Followed by mom's awesome Tea.

2. Then I had Cheese Pav-Bhaji at Shiv Sagar at Juhu.

3. Samosa, Kachori, Bhel-Puri, Sev-Puri at Tewari's in JVPD.

4. Tomato soup with bread crumbs, Cheese pav bhaji, Masala Papad, Punjabi Vegetable, Butter Naan, Daal Tadka at Sapna in Malad.

5. Crispy vegetable, Masala Papad, Cheese Naan, Subzi at Sheetal Arch in Bandra.

6. Cheese Pizza (the roadside-style), Vegetable Cheese Frankie at Worli

7. Mom's home-made Pongal, coconut rice, curd rice, mango pickle and deep fried suran curry.

8. And huge amounts of food during my sister's wedding.

The only food item that I didnt have is Vada-Pav. To be honest, I completely forgot about it. :-)

Sister's marriage was mind-blowing. Darling sister was looking absolutely angelic (if there's such a word) on the marriage day. I just cant believe that she's married now! Time flies so fast. More on the marriage and other stuff later!

It felt absolutely awesome to drive my car again after a gap of almost 10 months. And at the same time, I noticed that the traffic in Bombay had become absolutely pathetic in the last year and a half or so. There are insane traffic jams strewn everywhere along the length and breadth of Bombay roads! The whole highway seems like its a parking lot during peak hours. The travel time by road has I would say atleast doubled (if not tripled) because of the jams!

It felt unbelievable to meet up friends of 13 years! Friends whom I've known since my engineering days. Friends who've always been with me through thick and thin and not knowing when we can meet-up again!

And finally, it felt great to be amongst family and friends. Felt great to know that there are people in the world who care for me a lot and about whom I care a lot. Felt great to be home albeit for a very short time.

Felt great to be in Heaven!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bombay Girl said...

Ohh you already went back?Seems you ate for a few months :P

Btw I'm linking you up.

Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 6:39:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home